The SKOOKUM! Blog

This is the Official Blog of SKOOKUM! the online manga. In this blog you'll find news, blogs and all kinds of strange information relating to SKOOKUM! as well as of its creators.

Thursday, July 06, 2006

122nd Street. College Grad!



Folks,

I am sure most of you are wondering what's Skeletor doing up there. Well, two reasons. One, I like the artist's rendition of the the classic character. Two, I wanted an ominous character to reflect what's going on in the story right now.

In other news, I have just graduated from college! I'm a graduate now!

I am having mixed feelings about leaving college. No, I didn'f love my college all that much. Yeah, I have had great times there, but most of the times there were, well, disappointing. I mean, the results I got seldom reflected the effort I put in. Initially, one gets motivated to try harder, after a while, it just gets plain frustrating. And from the frustration comes resignation. The only thing that I will miss, are the friends I've made there. They are simply AWESOME. However, friends are not the only thing I will miss about college, I will definitely miss the college lifestyle. I mean, college IS tough, but I would say working life is even thougher. The whole idea of college is precisely to prepare you for a working life. In fact, working is the thing every human being is destined for - so it is for us, the penultimate destination.

It is upon entry into working life that one becomes, finally, a true adult. It is also the time when one becomes boring and sterile; well at least for most people who are gonna spend the next 40 years hiding in office cubicles. And, that, is precisely the kind of life that I detest. I cannot see myself conforming to boring rules, perform boring tasks and think boring thoughts. Everyday is a working day, and nothing else. I always believe there is more to life, and all one has to do is to keep looking out for opportunities for one to break out of the vicious cycle of boredom! I guess that's why I love Literature - it offers an alternative view to even the most mudane of things in this world. To people who are deprived from the knowledge of literature they can never hope to see a more interesting perspective of life.

It is gonna be a challenge for me balancing a working life and SKOOKUM! But I want to believe that I can handle both 'jobs' with equal dexterity. I seldom turn away from a challenge, and this one's of no exception.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home